STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING:
All participants (youth and leaders) are selected by their local council to represent their local councils based on their qualifications in character, camping skills, physical and personal fitness, and leadership qualities. Therefore, all adult and youth participants and their parents or guardians are asked to read the Code of Conduct and Statement of Understanding as a condition of participation. It is with the further understanding that serious misconduct or infraction of rules and regulations may result in expulsion, at the participant’s own expense, from the Jamboree or during the Jamboree tour. Each participant is responsible for his or her own behavior, and only when necessary will the procedure be invoked to send a participant home from the Jamboree.
I understand as part of my jamboree registration fees, I am entitled to a “Jambo 13 Kit” consisting of a duffel and two activity shirts. I will not arrive with anything that does not fit in the “Jambo 13 Kit” and that is not on the approved equipment list.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
1. The units' adult leaders are responsible for the supervision of its membership in respect to maintaining discipline, security, and the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
2. Leaders will be guided by the Scout Oath and Scout Law and will obey all U.S., local, and state laws.
3. I will set a good example by keeping myself neatly dressed and presentable. (The official BSA uniform and/or Jamboree identifying items are the only acceptable apparel as deemed appropriate for the activity.)
4. I will attend all scheduled programs and participate as required in cooperation with other unit members and leaders.
5. In consideration of other unit participants, I agree to follow the bedtime and sleep schedule of the unit, unless otherwise directed by the Jamboree program.
6. I will be responsible for keeping my tent and personal gear clean and neat and label all personal gear. I will adhere to all Jamboree recycling policies and regulations. I will do my share to prevent littering of the Jamboree grounds.
7. I understand that the purchase, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is prohibited on BSA/Summit property.
8. Serious and/or repetitive behavior violations including cheating, stealing, dishonesty, swearing, fighting, and cursing, may result in expulsion from the Jamboree or serious disciplinary action and loss of privileges. The Jamboree headquarters must be contacted for the expulsion procedure to be invoked. There are no exceptions.
9. I understand that gambling of any form is prohibited.
10. I understand that possession of lasers of any type, and possession or detonation of fireworks is prohibited unless otherwise specifically authorized by the Boy Scouts of America.
11. I will demonstrate respect for unit and Jamboree property and be personally responsible for any loss, breakage, or vandalism of property as a result of my actions.
12. Neither the unit leaders nor the Boy Scouts of America will be responsible for loss, breakage, or theft of personal items. I will label all my personal items and check items of value at the direction of unit leaders. Theft will be grounds for expulsion.
13. I will obey the safety rules and instructions of all supervisors and staff members.
14. In accordance with U.S., local and state laws, firearms and weapons are prohibited in the possession of all Jamboree participants unless otherwise specifically authorized by the Boy Scouts of America.
15. All leaders must complete Youth Protection training prior to pre-Jamboree training and follow the guidelines therein.
16. Hazing has no place in Scouting; nor do running the gauntlet, belt lines, or similar physical punishment.
17. Patch and souvenir trading should occur only between your peers.
18. Participants’ and staff members’ may only bring items specified on the equipment list provided by the Jamboree Department, National Council.
19. Violation of this Code of Conduct, or any other conduct deemed to be inconsistent with the values of Scouting, may result in expulsion from the Jamboree at the participant’s own expense; and could result in revocation of BSA membership.
20. All participants (with the exception of minor children accompanied by a parent or guardian) will have a current photo id in their possession.
TERMS & CONDITIONS WAIVER:
I (we) approve and agree to all the terms and conditions of this application and certify that the applicant meets the health and physical fitness requirements of the Jamboree.
This application includes my request for personal accident insurance to be purchased on my behalf. This policy is excess to any other available source of medical benefits. The cost of this insurance is included in the Jamboree fee. It is understood that payment of claims by the insurance company is contingent upon prompt reporting of claims, if any, by the participant.
I understand that the Jamboree will be covered by news media and moviemaking and broadcasting companies, and I hereby consent to the use of my voice and/or photograph in the news coverage, moviemaking, or similar projects approved by the Boy Scouts of America without compensation and I further agree to release and hold the Boy Scouts of America harmless for any and all claims and liability with regard to such use.
In consideration of the benefits to be derived from participation in the 2013 National Scout Jamboree, any and all claims against the Boy Scouts of America or its local council, the United States of America, state of West Virginia or any of the officers, employees, agents, or other representatives of any of them, or any other persons working under their direction or engaged in the conduct of their affairs, arising out of any accident, illness, injury, damage or other loss or harm to or incurred or suffered by the applicant named above or to his property, in connection with or incidental to the 2013 National Scout Jamboree, including preliminary training and travel, are hereby expressly waived by the parents and the applicant.
Source: Summit Bechtel Reserve